Sep 16, 2011

Salt Receding from FxS...

If you follow my twitter, then you know the shorthand of what went down a couple of weeks ago in Chicago at Fighter x Shooter. In SSF4 AE, I lost in the loser's finals of my pool, going 4-2. I had to play EG FloE the first round and lost. I beat a terrible Fei Long player, and then three straight-- yes, three straight Balrog (boxer) players. Finally, I made it to loser's finals against "Tukk," a Seth player I knew I would meet up against in this pool. Jay "Jayford" knew him from their fighting game club at Purdue. To keep things short, all I can say is that I didn't play well enough to get the win.

I was extremely disappointed with myself. I should have made top 16-- I have all the ability. To me, there's no reason why I should have failed. Still, there was good to take away from this. I didn't do horrible, an all too real possibility at proven by my past performances at bigger tournaments. In that way, I succeeded in progressing as a player, which is always an underlying goal.

This tournament was somewhat of big low for me. I was so sure that I would make top 16, not making it was a huge shock. It took me a while to get out of it, but I'm slowly getting back as this post indicates. Next week is "Middle of Knowhere," a tournament hosted by perennial Iowa TO Scott "Xiang." This looks to be a bigger tournament than the usual monthlies that Scott hosts. I should be able to do well in all games. We'll see.

No comments: