Sep 25, 2008

Currently Playing...

After every post now, I'm going to say what games I'm currently playing. Why? Because gaming takes up a significant portion of my life, and I wouldn't be doing anyone justice reading this blog if I didn't say what games I was playing. I have realized that although my name is "NGamer3k" the content I produce here as well as on my youtube page doesn't contain the amount of gaming oriented material to warrant such a name.

Make no mistake though, I consider myself a hardcore gamer and I'm sure my friends wouldn't hesitate to call me that either. I'll give any game a chance as long as its good. That sounds like a stupid statement, but I can't tell you the amount of awesome games that are ignored, discounted, and despised by my friends just because of cartoony graphics, quirky gameplay elements, or simply because of the genre. Games like Viva Pinata come to mind.

As such I like all genres, but I do have certain preferences. If there are genres I tend to not like those would be FPS and Racing. I do like Halo, CoD, Battlefield, Mario Kart, and the recent Need for Speed games, but others, I tend to not like as much as others. The Burnout series is a good example of this. I like the original Burnout, but when it turned into an over-the-top crashing game, I parted ways with the series.

Everything else, I like pretty much equally, although it may seem like I gravitate towards genres like Strategy RPG, Puzzle, Shoot'em-ups, rhythm games not named Guitar Hero and Rock Band, and those quirky titles like Animal Crossing, remember these are genres that tend to have a very niche following. But if it's good, I'll play it. As a result, the amount of puzzle games I own and the amount of Star Fox 64 I still play reflects my love for all games, not necessarily a preference for the genre.

I also post this on my facebook page, but I'm pretty sure no one reads that. Since maybe someone reads this, I might as well put it here too.

Right now I'm playing: Spore, Beyond Good & Evil, Soul Calibur IV, Mega Man ZX Advent (DS), and i just bought Disgaea DS today. That seems like a lot, because it is. Usually, I focus on a couple of games, but there's so much crap right now.

No comments: