Sep 30, 2008

University of Iowa Finally is Getting a Video Game Club!

I can't believe it took this long for Iowa students to organize this. Iowa State had one for several years before now. Iowa FREAKIN' State! I knew the gaming culture here in Iowa and at the University was on the gasping for a breath of life at worst and underground at best, but come on. Iowa State gets one before us? That's just pathetic.

Despite those feelings, I am ecstatic about the club, finally I'll get to play with other people in the same room with peers within the community I live and go to school with. The club's name is PING, Players into Network-Based Gaming. Disappointedly, there were maybe30 of us or less in the first informational meeting, and there is only about 55 registered on the site. I figured about 100 people would show up. I guess that gasping for a breath of life comment on the state of the gaming community around here wasn't too far off.

Playing: Spore, Disgaea DS, Soul Calibur IV

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!