Dec 23, 2011

Stuck in a Rut

My outlook towards my development in all fighting games has turned south over the past few days. I feel like I am at a place in my skill at which I cannot improve without constant quality practice. This is not your average halt in development where one is unable to diagnose problems and holes in their gameplay. I have always been able to do that, and I feel like I know of a lot of things I can do to become better gameplay wise across all games. However, for someone like me who constantly needs repetition in order to really learn something as advanced and complex like proper footsies and game sense- my current practice and training are not adequate.

Long story short, I need to seek out better competition. However, this is a universal problem affecting me and everyone else in this state and in the midwest for that matter. Due to our smaller pool of players, we cannot expect to have as much exceptional competition as many other regions. I can definitely feel the burden now unlike ever before.  There's not much point for me to continue on when I feel like I can become better yet lack the means to do so. If the greatest potential cannot be reached, why torture myself by looking up at what could be. As such, I have seriously considered giving up competition altogether. I do plan on going to events in the immediate future. My performance and attitude at these said events will shape my future in fighting games.

No comments: