Apr 24, 2012

Kansas City Maxout Tournament Quick Entries

I was waiting until more videos were uploaded to post about my trip to Kansas City last month for their monthly tournament series, Maxout, but I have since been back for this month's edition of the tournament so I am now compelled to post something. I fully intend on going into more detail later, but for now here are two quick summarizations of both tournament experiences with what everyone wants to know about, results.

Last month I placed a respectable 9th in Marvel losing to PJ "DatBoiSTL" twice. My fellow "NerdGamer" Joker placed 4th. Disappointingly in KOF, I went 0-2 losing close matches to "Focra" and Omaha's KOF junkie, "Kenshiro." Blank finished 7th and Curtis "TopHat" finished 4th. In SSF4 AE, I finished 2nd, losing to KC's best player, Samson twice. I was extremely proud of myself and satisfied with my performance. I bested myself once again from my previous 5th place finish and reached my goal to finish in the money.

This month and this past weekend, myself, Joker, and Blank returned intent to win the tournaments that we all felt we were capable of. I did manage to win the SSF4 AE tournament. A win that is a great step for me as a player. With confidence, I can say "Yes, I am one of the best in the midwest." The conclusion of this story will be told at the upcoming UFGT8 tournament in May-- an official Major and part of the Evo Tournament Season. Joker, perhaps disappointedly finished 5th in Marvel, and Blank and I both went 0-2 in KOF-- losing to the same two people in fact. We managed to scrap out a 2nd place finish in SFxT pair play though.


1 comment:

Spencer Pressly said...

Hey I was going to Maxout out this year and due to work I was not able to go. I did go to it sadly, but I did go to our normal friday meetup. I was not playing to much, but I am spencer and I met someone from Nebraska there. Just wanted to see if you were the person I met. I remember he played Zero/Vergil/Dante for a team. Didn't remember the name of who it was though. Let me know if that was you also check out my blog at tw4n.blogspot.com