Jan 13, 2011

Arcana Heart 3 Released to Consoles in Japan Today

It's been a long time coming for fans of Arcana Heart games to get a decent or even playable home port of the series for a quite some time since Arcana Heart 2 suffered from hideous lag and slowdown issues. Released to PS3 and Xbox 360 in Japan today, Arcana Heart 3 makes its splash on today's modern consoles. With Arc System Works (responsible for Guilty Gear and Blazblue) handling the console release this time around should ease any fan's worry of history repeating itself.

For those unfamiliar with the series, Arcana Heart is a fighting game series that features a roster full of girls. What further separates itself from other fighters is after the player makes a character choice, the player then chooses from an extensive list of unique "Arcanas" that give the character different abilities. The series had a brief stint of popularity in the U.S. because of the lack of new fighters being released at the time, and players like Arturo Sanchez driving the scene.

I wouldn't be writing about the game if I wasn't interested. This is another series that has passed me by because of the fact I didn't own a PS2 for a really long time. I've always wanted to give it a try, but never had a real chance. And unlike many of those that populate the fighting game community, I don't discriminate against games like these just because of its roster choices. I wish I had a PS3 so I can play it. A stateside release is somewhat unlikely even though the previous games in the series were brought over.


No comments: