Aug 19, 2011

I Have SSF4 3D Edition

Winning all those tournaments and the recent 3DS price drop has allowed me to purchase said device so I can do what... but play more SSF4! A little redundant? I don't know. Don't judge me. Anyway, you can find me online beasting-- now in the third dimension!

It's actually not as hard as you would expect, but definitely a challenge-- especially for someone accustomed to playing on an arcade stick such as myself. Make no mistake, this IS SSF4. Every link and every cancel is the same as its big brother console counterpart. I was unable to Dragon punch > FADC > Ultra in the 7 minutes or so I gave to trying. So it was off to Arcade mode to get more of feel for the controls. I was doing well until I was flash kicked to death by Guile. *In DSP voice* "THAT IS NOT GOOD GAME DESIGN. THE COMPUTER COUNTERS EVERYTHING!"

Day 1 Summary - We all knew Guile would be overpowered in this version, but the computer? Also, I can't do Ultras without the help of the touch screen panel that maps all three kicks or punches. Of course, I'm using Pro mode. I'm insulted that you would even wonder.

No comments: